Please take note that the above mentioned match is scheduled to take place on Saturday, 24 June 2017 at Emirates Airline Park. We are urging fans to arrive early for the match to avoid heavy traffic. You are advised to allow extra time to travel to the game, park and get to your suites/seats before the game. The gates and parking areas will open at 13h00.
The program for the day has provisionally been scheduled as follows:
|Suite Deliveries||06h00 – 11h30|
|Bomb sweep||12h00 – 13h00|
|South Africa vs. France||17h05|
|Security and medical stand down||22h00|
Please note that the stadium will be closed on Friday, 23 June 2017. Servicing of suites should take place on Thursday, 22 June or on Saturday, 24 June between 06h00 and 11h30 after which vehicle movement will not be allowed.
Park and Ride
Please take note that the Park and Ride facility from Cresta Shopping Centre will not be available to the above mentioned match at Emirates Airline Park on 24 June 2017. In order to cater for the wider Randburg suburbs, Heathway Centre has been made available to assist Springbok supporters with transport attending the match.
Heathway Centre is located on the corner of Beyers Naude and Castle Hill Drive, Blackheath. Your park and ride ticket will include safe and comfortable return transport from the departure point and free undercover parking for your vehicle.
The following departure points are available if you are traveling from other parts of Gauteng:
- Greenstone Shopping Centre
- East Rand Mall
- Eastgate Shopping Centre
- Melrose Arch
- Sandton City
- The Glen Shopping Centre
- Clearwater Mall
- Menlyn Park Shopping Centre
Tickets are available at Computicket.
Park Station to Emirates Airline Park
- Normal week end service every 30 min until 13h00
- From 13h00-16h00, additional trains inserted every 15 min.
- From 16h00-19h00 normal week end service resume every 30 min
Emirates Airline Park to Park Station
- From 19h00-20h00 additional trains inserted every 15 min
- Last train will depart at 20h00
- 4 x 4 Vehicles and 4 x 8 cars will be used
Gautrain Bus Services
Shuttles start from 12h00-17h00 to Stadium
- From 17h00 busses will be stacked outside stadium at pick up point in Park Street
- Last bus will leave the stadium at 20h00
- Dedicated drop off and pick up points from 10h00 at taxi rank south of the stadium.
- Fidelity, SAPS and JMPD to ensure area is safe for drop offs
- Pick up point will be inside the stadium at the main security gate
- Parking tickets – only legal tickets. Do not buy illegal tickets from informal parking attendants
- Parking areas – NO alcohol or braai facility available except @ Johannesburg Athletics Stadium
- Make use of Gautrain and Park and Ride facilities
- See Social media and website for directions to parking areas
- No smoking areas as well as smoking areas clearly marked
- JMPD tow away service – R3 000 fine if vehicle is towed away. Do not park illegally.
- Do not bring any food, drinks or illegal objects into the stadium – ample food, beverage and bar facilities are available
- Bus drop off areas – Gautrain: Erin street, Park and Ride: Bertrams Street as well as 4th & Miller Streets
- Ticket and accreditation collections – before Thursday 22th June 2017 @ 16h00.
- ATM facility – F&B 2 x machines installed. Await other banks to respond to request for mobile installations
- Bomb sweep between 12h00 and 13h00 – No vehicle movement from 11h30 will be permitted. This is a serious offence and can result in fines up to R1 000.00
- Speed limit inside the stadium is 20 km/ph. – please keep to the limit
- Please look out for pickpockets – do not leave valuables unattended
- Suite owners – do not allow strangers into your suite, especially after the game.
- Wheel chair access from the Southern entrance gates
- Please note that supporters seated in the stands will not be given access to suites before, during or after matches
The following will be posted on Social media:
- Directions to parking areas
- Restricted Items list
- Locations of Bars and Public Concessions
- What the outside security uniforms look like
- Park and Ride times as well as collection points
Please note that the Venue Operations Centre (VOC) will be manned until two hours after the match. For any emergencies, please call the following numbers:
|Venue Operations Centre (VOC)||011 402 2960 dial ext. 111 or ask the receptionist to transfer you|
|Mike Erasmus||084 320 4080||Maintenance/Service issues|
|Natascha Vorster||084 200 1906||Suites|
|Dominique Beech||076 175 4594||Liquor and Ice|
|Susan Odendaal||087 805 9563||General|
|Jean/Shaldon||011 402 2325||Ticketing|